Sunday, February 28, 2010

Outgrowing Neverland.

What does one do when Peter Pan outgrows his clothes... and by clothes, I mean his Peter Pan costume. You see, we have little Peter Pans and Tinkerbelles running around this house at least twice a week, usually more. And now, while he can squeeze into the costume, the poor boy just cannot wiggle his way out of it. His arms get all caught up, his face smooshed and and his head somehow stuck between two layers of green and brown cloth. With a cute yet muffled voice I can hear him yelling, "Help me, I need help!"

So, now I have a choice to make.

Do I pack away the costume and say a final good-bye to my little Peter Pan?

or

Do I break down and by him a new costume, one size bigger so I can keep my little Peter Pan for at least one more year?

Yet another option,

I can be selfish and keep my little Peter Pan just the way in his, with his almost too small costume, so that he has no other choice but to keep needing his mommy forever. (Unless, of course, he wants to have his head stuck in his costume for the rest of his life.)

I'm thinking of going with number three.

No comments:

Post a Comment