Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Think he Knows....

This morning, John walks in on me as I am finishing up in the bathroom. (Not an unusual occurrence.) His first reaction...

"Momma, let me see your belly again... lift up your shirt!"

I slowly do as I am told, eying him suspiciously.

"Mom, " he says in all seriousness, "Your belly looks really big and round... I think you have a baby in there, I'm not kidding. I think there is a baby in your belly. I just think you need to know that!"

I kinda laugh at him and change the subject. (We haven't gotten around to telling the kids because, we haven't told any of the family...and little ones tend to have big mouths.)

Later this afternoon, again he orders me to lift my shirt.

"Momma, I'm telling you, there is a baby in your belly! Yep, there sure is... I just thought you should know!"

I think he's on to us....

I guess we should probably tell our parents before our four year old does.

No comments:

Post a Comment