Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Feeling Very Blessed this Week...

We just got back from a trip to Branson MO.

We rented a big house and had my dad and all his siblings drive up to celebrate my dad turning the big 6 - 0.

We had a wonderful time just hanging out with our family... cooked a load of food, fooled around with the Wii and played a bit of poker. (My devoutly Baptist mother would like me to clarify that no money exchanged hands during the poker playing.) All in all, we had tons of fun.

We didn't have a lot planned because we had spent the majority of our vacation fund on a house big enough to hold all of our extended family.

We did know we were going to go to Silver Dollar City and after that, we would just play it by ear.

We also knew Silver Dollar City was going to cost our family a little over $150, plus food... but then our first small blessing happened.

A couple walked up to us and said they had guest passes that were about to expire, they were looking for a big family who they knew would have to pay big money to get in and they spotted us. We were quite taken aback, but graciously accepted.

We all got into Silver Dollar City for 30 dollars!!!

Later, my aunt and uncle wanted to thank us for renting the house. So they took us out for dinner and a show. (Yet another blessing we hadn't planned on, but for which we were exceedingly thankful.)

There were other small blessing all throughout the week. But the biggest, of course, was just getting to celebrate with my dad.

I've always been blessed with the best dad a girl could ever want.

He never missed a game, never forgot to say I love you and never withheld the discipline when it was truly needed. He was and is an amazing father... and now, he is an even more amazing grandfather. My kids are so blessed!

LOVE YA DADDY!


----------------

And if all that wasn't enough. Today a good friend calls to ask me if I have an iPod. I briefly tell her that I did at one time, but it has been misplaced... possibly flushed down the toilet by our resident toilet fanatic.

She then proceeds to tell me that she bought an Ipod about a month ago, but just last week splurged on a iPhone and now has no use for it.

I will be receiving my new Ipod Touch in the mail in the very near future.

----------------

Minus the "best father in the world" spiel, most of this is purely materialistic stuff that doesn't matter in the least.... but never-the-less, I am feeling blessed this week.

God is good!

2 comments:

  1. Material or not, those are some good blessings! Lucky you :)

    (And I live pretty close to Branson -- only about an hour away! Are you guys close to that area?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are about 5 hours away... so not close... but close enough that we can drive, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete