Friday, April 2, 2010

The Mind of a Four-year Old

Me: John, would you like to try some chocolate Mousse?

John: (with a bit of excitement in his voice) Is it made out of moose?

Me: No, it's kind of like pudding.

John: (annoyed) Well, then why in the world would they call it moose?


Overheard at the pet store:

Don't worry little ferret. I'll come back for you someday. But first my cat has to die, but before that, my dogs have to die. I can't have a cat until my dogs die. Then, I'll get a cat and when he dies, then I will come back for you. Okay?

(I'm hoping the ferret doesn't hold his breathe waiting on us...)

Is it terrible that my son wants a cat so bad that he is praying our dogs die soon, so he can get his cat? Is it even more terrible that we told him that his dogs will actually DIE just to get him to stop asking about cats? (A lot of good it did us.)

He once tried to get me to take them to the library so we could exchange them for a cat. Apparently, since you can trade in books for new ones, it just makes since that you can do the same with pets.

That being said... Anyone want to trade. I'll give you two gigantic horse-dogs for one sweet little kitty. Anyone? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment