Friday, March 5, 2010

I Had Forgotten...

... about music and how much I love it.

The other day we went over to a friends house for dinner and they had music playing in the background. I mentioned how nice it was to hear the music and she asked me what kind of music I listened to.

I was stumped. I had no idea. It has been so long since I have listened to anything besides Laurie Berkner or VeggieTales, that I could not even come up with a song that I liked.

I think it was a combination of things... we moved when our first son was 2 weeks old and just never got around to hooking up the receiver. I didn't have a portable radio so music just wasn't an option at first. Then the IPOD craze happened, and it took me awhile to jump on that bandwagon... I didn't want to have to mess with the earphones. I finally got some speakers for my IPOD, but then every song on it ended up being a kid's song. (Those speakers are now at my husband's office so he can listen to music while he works.) So almost five years later, I've forgotten about music.

It's shocking really. I love music. I love the emotions it brings out. I love the way it can change your mood. That it can make you FEEL.

So the other day, Mr. Darling hooked me up with Pandora via the TV.

My Life has Changed Forever! There are no words...all I know is that I have rediscovered music and it is amazing!

(And my kids don't get to watch near as much TV, because I won't let them turn off the Pandora. Hey, It's a win win!)

No comments:

Post a Comment