Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Teaching Moment

Today while John and Wendy were playing Diego, John was hanging off the trampoline screaming, "Help! Help me! Ayudame!" I assume, Wendy was suppose to somehow fly to his rescue and save him. Unfortunately the screams (minus the random Spanish) seemed quite real. So John and I had a little talk about how he shouldn't play like he really needs help because one day he might actually need help and Mommy might think he is just playing. It would be best if he didn't call for help like that when he is just playing.

As my little speach ended, and I was feeling oh so proud of myself for being a responsible parent, John rolled his eyes, let out a big sigh and smirked, "MOM, if I really needed help I would add SERIOUSLY. I'M SERIOUS!"

Yes, I have no doubt that while hanging upside down by his big toe from the rope swing, he will remember to add SERIOUSLY at the end of his calls for help. Silly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment